Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 3 Reading Diary B: Narayan's Ramayana Continued


First off, I felt horrible that Ravana set Hanuman's tail on fire.

While reading this section, I totally pictured it like a build up to an epic battle in some Marvel or DC film. You know in the Avengers where they all are fighting and then entire city is torn to bits? Yeah, that is how I pictured the battle of Rama versus Ravana.

P.S. The good guys, like Rama, totally always win.

I am starting to think that Ravana thinks he's so witty, but is constantly proven not to be. How many times does it take him to realize that Sita NEVER falls for his tricks? Apparently, he keeps forgetting about the past 5000 times. Idiot.

I loved that Rama saved Sita, but I hate that he tested her. Like really? She was about to commit suicide because she lost hope, but then you save her but you don't trust her? That was mildly annoying. Even the gods were annoyed. Sometimes, I think Rama can be a bit frustrating. This was one of those instances.

I am happy that they finally return to Ayodhya as king. This whole story was pretty much caused by a miscommunication. It's crazy that all of that happened because of one person. That was the biggest lesson I learned from The Ramayana. I was completely wrapped up into the book. I am happy that it ended the way I wanted it to.

Sita is my favorite character for sure. No shame.

0 comments:

Post a Comment