Friday, April 1, 2016

Week 10 Storytelling: Brahma's Tweets




                                       






                                     







Author's Note: After watching the Seven Secrets from Hindu Calendar Art, I decided to do a twitter story about Brahma and his love more than fatherly love for his daughter. In the video, we learn that the reason that Brahma isn't mentioned quite as often as Vishnu or Shiva is because he is stuck in this cycle of chasing after material things rather than focusing on things that are important for the spiritual self. He will not work towards understanding and reach the level of Vishnu or Shiva because he is always finding himself in situations like this where he is focused on something that is not spiritually beneficial. I decided to make it a twitter conversation to have a modern twist and bring Shiva in so he could ease some of the tension between Saraswati and Brahma. I made the story where Brahma was obsessed with her from the moment of creation. Shiva and Saraswati must consult Vishnu about how to handle this situation because he is good at being detached from things. Family drama can get pretty crazy and I think this story shows that. 


Images are from:







4 comments:

  1. What an interesting application! Using twitter to retell this story is perfect. It seems like drama always plays out on social media, right? You did a great job capturing the awkwardness of the whole situation and I think that including Shiva was a good choice. If the conversation was merely two-dimensional, it wouldn't have been as interesting. Good thinking. I think the only things that are missing are the bibliography and a link to the webpage where you created the fake tweets. Other than that, everything looks great. Thank you for writing and sharing this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina,

    This was a creative way to tell your story. This is the first twitter storytelling I have seen. It was well thought out. The storyline was interesting. The author's' note did a good job explaining the dialogue between the characters. I wasn't familiar with this story. I will definitely have to read more of your work before the semester is up during the free choice assignments. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, I absolutely LOVE this storytelling style you decided to go with. It is so unique and very fitting for this generation. Your author's note was very explanatory. I was really intrigued by your storyline and I decided to watch the video you based the story on. I really enjoyed the story in the video and your modern twist on it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that you used tweets to tell the story. It makes the story seem so creative. I never would have though of that. The story is really great too. I feel like people today can relate to this type of story well. I feel like I hear about people who develop these obsessions for others but I have yet to really meet one or become involved with one. I thought the handles for the different characters were clever and made me laugh. Your blog is also very creative and easy to use. It has an overall clean look to it. I thought you did a really good job incorporating the original story in your version as well. The twists that you made definitely shown your own creativity and style. Great job overall I can see why you did so well amongst all the writers in the indian epics class.

    ReplyDelete