Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 1: Storybook Favorites

Last semester, I made a storybook and now looking at these storybooks makes me proud of all of the work that these students put into their storybooks because I know how much work goes into them. After going through a fair share of them, below are three of my favorite Indian Epic storybooks.

Epic Women Tell All: I love the simplicity of this storybook. It is so easy to navigate and understand. The writing style is really fun too. When reading it, I feel like I am reading a transcript of a gossip show or something. As my writing style is drastically different, I enjoyed reading this. I would have never thought to write a storybook in this style. Kudos to Nicole for making it really fun to read.

(Spices from Wikimedia)

Food and Culture: An Indian Scrapbook: I was drawn into this storybook based on the title. I was not disappointed when I went onto the site... all of the pictures of the delicious foods made me so hungry! I liked the bright colors and the setup of the site. It was all so fun to look at and read about. If this were a cookbook in a store, I would be likely to buy it. My favorite section was the recipe section. It is really likely that I will be trying out one of those recipes. I love to cook.

The Museum of Goddess Art: Like the storybook above, I was drawn to this one because of the title. I love art and I love stories about goddesses, so I figured this would be a hit. The narration of this was done so well. It felt like I was going through an actual museum tour. One of my favorite things about this storybook was that each page after the introduction had two images that were talked about. I was not expecting that at all. I found it to be more fun to read because it wasn't like I was reading a long story about one image. It added a lot more depth to the storybook.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, you picked some fun projects to look at! The museum theme has worked out REALLY well for India-related projects. One of the wildest and most surprising was this one: The Ramayana Museum of Art ... it is one of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete