Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 1: Learning Challenges

(A happiness meme that was on the Learning by HEART blog by Laura Gibbs)


I am excited to try out some of these learning by HEART challenges. While the Time portion of HEART is probably the most useful section to me, I am more interested in the Health/Happiness portion. 

I think your health and happiness impact every aspect of your life and so I want to do some of these challenges when I am stressed out during the semester to see if they help with my stress levels. I think the happiness jar is a really neat idea. I would have to stay on top of myself to write something down that made me happy everyday, but reading all of those notes at the end of the year would be so worth it. 

I've gotten a lot better with time management, but I will most likely do some of those challenges too. Anything that helps with time management can only make college better and easier to manage. I wish that more professors would challenge their students to complete tasks like these to allow for them to learn how to manage time or focus on happiness and health throughout school.

I look forward to seeing how these challenges make a difference this semester. 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that happiness jar cool? It was finding that graphic a while ago that got me to thinking about how good it would be to include things like that in class. They kind of fit into growth mindset... but having this new blog/project means I can collect all kinds of things like that. If you have any suggestions for health/happiness motivation, strategies, habits, let me know: the best ideas of all will be the ones that come from people who are already using them! And we all need help, so we can maybe just help each other. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Christina. I am glad to see that you chose the health/happiness learning challenge. I too think that health and happiness are two important, but often forgotten aspects of a college student's life. I know that I am guilty of neglecting it. I like that you alluded to the responsibility of professors to contribute to the health and happiness of their students. So often I feel like they forget that many of us have work and other activities outside of class. I too wish that they would incorporate learning challenges like this into their curriculum. I am sure that it would contribute to a happier and healthier student body.

    ReplyDelete