Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Week 7: Reading Diary B: Mahabharata Cont.

(Krishna found on Wikipedia.)

Onto part C!!! Will do part D as extra credit. Much to my enjoyment, there were more Arjuna stories.  One again, I am reading the Public Domain version of the Mahabharata.

Arjuna and Shiva: Arjuna is forever going out on adventures by himself. Im starting to think its so he can get as many wives as possible :P The worst thing that kept happening while reading this story is that I kept thinking of that show, The League. It's because their trophy is called the Shiva and whenever I read the name Shiva, I hear it in my head how they say it.

Bhima and Kichaka: I know this story has a lot of battles and stuff, but I feel like when I think about the battles, Bhima is the first characters that pops to my head. Perhaps its because he's pretty darn good at winning!

Krishna and His Army:  I LOVE the stories about Krishna. I love reading about his relationship and the dynamic between Krishna and Arjuna. It's probably the main reason why I love these stories. It amazes me that Krishna is an incarnation of Vishnu, like Rama. So basically Vishnu, Krishna and Rama are the same person but in different life cycles. That's something I always think about when reading about him. I think this week, my story will involve Krishna!

FINALLY going to finish the Mahabharata. Finally. I cannot wait.


0 comments:

Post a Comment