Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Week 11 Reading Diary A: Tales of Ancient India

(Krishna and Rukmini looking very much in love.)

This week I decided to read Tales of Ancient India by Edmund Charles Cox.

The first half is all about Krishna and his adventures. I was really interested in learning more about Krishna because I feel like I didn't give him as much attention as I did other characters that we have read about in this class.

The story that interested me the most was Krishna and Rukmini. I am intrigued at how he basically married her to prevent her from getting married to someone she did not want to marry. It seems like they really care about each other. While I was reading this, I was thinking of ways I could turn this into a story this week. Perhaps I could modernize it where they use technology to develop new names for themselves to live a long life together in peace in happiness. I also like the idea of making it have a bit of magic where the way he rescues her from the wedding is extravagant and everyone knows that he saved her.

We will see how it goes. I will definitely be writing about this couple this week. I look forward to expanding my ideas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment